Free Divorce Petition (General)
This Divorce Petition is for use by a petitioner in a divorce case. This petition contains provisions regarding residency, date of marriage and separation and the petitionerís employment information. This Petition also incorporates a Property Settlement Agreement previously entered into by the parties. This Petition for Divorce is signed by petitioner in front of a notary public. This is a free form and costs: $0.00.
This is a free form and costs: $0.00.
Disclaimer:This was not drafted by an attorney & should not be used as a legal document.
PETITION FOR DIVORCE
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF ______________________ COUNTY, _________________________, __________________ JUDICIAL DISTRICT
In re: the Marriage of
Case No. ______________________________
PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE
The Petitioner, _______________________________, respectfully declares the following:
1. The Petitioner resides at the following address: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ and the Petitioner has been a resident for at least _______________________ days immediately prior to the filing of this Petition.
2. The Respondent resides at the following address: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ and the Respondent has been a resident for at least _______________________ days immediately prior to the filing of this Petition.
3. On the ________________ day of _________________________, 20__________ the Petitioner and Respondent married in the state of ____________________ and the marriage is registered in _____________________. An official copy of the marriage license is attached to this Petition For Divorce.
4. The parties separated from each other on or about _________________________.
5. No children are born out of the marriage and also the wife is not now pregnant.
6. Petitioner and Respondent have entered into an Agreement addressing all issues of the marriage, which is recorded in their Property Settlement Agreement, a true and correct copy of which is attached to this Petition for Divorce.
7. Petitioner is employed by ____________________________________________________ and Petitioner's social security number is ___________________________. Respondent is employed by ________________________________________________________________ and Respondent's social security number is _______________________.
8. This Court is that of proper jurisdiction to hear this cause. The Respondent has agreed to file an Affidavit of Consent in this cause. Neither the Petitioner nor Respondent has been involved in any litigation or other proceeding involving the other party in this or any other jurisdiction with respect to their marriage or any other domestic matter.
9. There is no reasonable likelihood that the marriage between Petitioner and Respondent can be preserved, and therefore, the marriage is irretrievably broken.
WHEREFORE, Petitioner prays for its orders:
(a) dissolving the marriage between the Petitioner and Respondent;
(b) dividing the marital property between Petitioner and Respondent according to law and settling all marital and non-marital property and debts of the parties and resolving child issues as specified in the attached Property Settlement Agreement; and
(c) granting such other and further relief as to this Court seems just and proper in the circumstances.
Signature of Petitioner
County of _______________________________)
On this _____ day of _________________, _____ before me the undersigned notary public, personally appeared ________________________, the Petitioner herein, who executed the foregoing Petition and acknowledged that the statements contained therein are true and correct.
My commission expires: _________________